How We Do Business At Barefoot
Barefoot Investor operates under an Australian Financial Services Licence No 302081 held by Barefoot Investment Management Pty Ltd. Our licence allows Barefoot Investor to provide personal financial advice and deal in investments and other financial products however we have chosen not to offer personal, one-on-one, financial planning advice.
That means we do not deal in investment or other financial products and we do not receive any commissions, or payments of any kind for any of our recommendations. To be crystal clear, we do not have any arrangements with any financial institutions or product providers and we do not accept their advertising or speaking fees.
So what do we do?
We publish fiercely independent, straight-talking articles to educate you on money matters…. whether you’re 18 or 80.
Because we are financial publishers and not your financial advisor, we don’t provide investment advice that is tailored to your personal situation. While we make specific recommendations, they should not be construed as personal investment advice.
When we answer questions from readers, our advice is of a general nature only and is not a substitute for advice from an independent financial advisor. To be clear: You should seek independent financial advice before acting on any of our recommendations.
If you are interested in our publishing and education services we recommend that you read our Financial Services Guide and our Terms and Conditions.
By subscribing to, and/or becoming a member of Barefoot Blueprint you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
A WARNING FROM OUR LAWYER
Information provided by the Barefoot Investor is general in nature and does not take into consideration your personal financial situation. It is for educational purposes only and does not constitute personal financial advice. Remember, the value of any investment can go down as well as up. Before acting on any information to make investments or acquire or dispose of financial products, you should consider seeking independent financial advice that is tailored to your needs.
Terms & Conditions
|Barefoot Investment Management Pty Ltd
AFSL No 302081, ACN 118 988 686
Barefoot Publishing Trust
Barefoot Blueprint Publications Pty Ltd
Barefoot Investment Management Pty Ltd
Barefoot Investment Management (Australia) Pty Ltd
|Collectively referred to as Barefoot Investor
If you apply to receive the Services from Barefoot Investor and Barefoot Investor agrees to supply the Services to you, you agree to pay fees to Barefoot Investor for the Services in accordance with the following terms and conditions (Terms & Conditions).
Application of Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions apply to the agreement for you to subscribe for Barefoot Investor publishing and education services (the Services) and form a binding contractual between you and Barefoot Investor. In addition to the Services, these Terms & Conditions also apply to any unpaid services or information available to you through Barefoot Investor’s website, social media or other forums.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, as amended from time to time, you are not permitted to use the Services or Barefoot Investor social media or other forums.
The one-off membership fee for members joining on or after 1 July 2019 is $A397.00 (including GST) and must be paid upfront using a valid credit card. Subscription payments for the Services are in Australian Dollars ($AUD) only. Subscribers to the Services may make online subscription payments using credit card or debit card (Visa or MasterCard) and you will be charged for your subscription to the Barefoot Blueprint until 30 June 2020.
The subscription service will not be running after 30 June 2020. Renewing members who do not receive a full 12 months as a result of their particular renewal dates will have their renewal rate adjusted so they are only charged for the number of months remaining until June 2020.
Barefoot Investor Special Offers
From time to time, Barefoot Investor may run special offers for subscribers, readers and expired members (Special Offers). Participation in Special Offers is deemed acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Offers are open to anyone over the age 18 with a valid email address. Special offers are not available in conjunction with any other offers.
To receive the special offer provided by Barefoot Investor as specified via a Special Offer email, you must purchase a subscription to the Services during the offer period in accordance with the offer email, the offer promotional website or the subscription form. After payment has been processed, Barefoot Investor will send you an email with your tax invoice. For offers that include a physical item that we send by post, please allow up to six weeks for delivery. If any Barefoot Investor bonuses are unavailable, Barefoot Investor, at its discretion, may substitute the bonus with a gift of similar value. Bonuses are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be taken as cash. Barefoot Investor may modify, suspend, terminate or cancel special offers.
Any costs associated with accessing websites referred to in the Terms & Conditions is your responsibility. Barefoot Investor does not guarantee the availability of any web service and will not be held responsible for service interruptions that stop you accepting any special offers.
Barefoot Investor (including its officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including in negligence) for any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising in any way out of, or about a special offer or applying for or accepting Barefoot Investor bonuses.
Barefoot Investor collects personal information to conduct special offers, provide you with the Services and promote its services and those of its sponsors and business partners. Barefoot Investor may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for future marketing, promotional, publicity, research and profiling purposes. If you do not consent to the use of your information for these purposes or you wish to access, update or correct personal information please advise us in writing. For further details please refer to our Financial Services Guide.
Cookies and Links
Barefoot Investor endeavours to deliver all reports via email, where requested. Barefoot Investor cannot guarantee delivery of the service via email notification and accepts no liability for lack of email delivery due to third parties such as Internet Service Providers (ISPs) blocking or preventing delivery. We recommend that you include ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ in your safe receivers/safe senders list in your email software. The Services are published electronically by Barefoot Investor. The publication is solely online and accessible by subscribers using their personal username and password. Barefoot Investor may send subscribers email updates from time to time and reminders on information that is available via the website subscription service. The information published as part of the Services may be downloaded by the subscriber and may be printed for personal use only.
Online payment security
Credit card details of subscribers are retained by eWay Australia – the payment gateway used by Barefoot Investor to process payments. Renewal payments are generated by Barefoot Investor and actioned by eWay using those details. Subscribers are personally responsible for the security of their personal username and password, which gives access to personal details other than banking details (including name, address or telephone number).
Subscription & membership definitions
An annual subscription, also known as annual membership, is an agreement where the subscriber joins and has access to the Services and becomes a member.
Barefoot Investor offers a 100% money back guarantee on the Services valid for the first 365 days of membership (or shorter period commencing on the date of joining to 30 June 2020). If a subscriber requests a refund of the monies paid for their Barefoot Blueprint subscription within 365 days of their first date of purchase (or shorter period commencing on the date of joining to 30 June 2020), we will refund their purchase price. In the event that a refund must be made to an international bank account or another account that incurs a fee, we may deduct any applicable transaction fees from the refundable amount.
Any payments made for a supply made under or in connection with these Terms & Conditions is inclusive of GST, unless otherwise stated. The name on all subscriber statements, invoices and receipts will appear as Barefoot Blueprint Publications Pty Ltd as trustee for Barefoot Publishing Trust.
Barefoot Investor is not responsible for and will bear no liability for your access to the internet. You are only able to access the Services via the website blueprint.barefootinvestor.com, using your email address and password. There is no printed version of the Services.
Barefoot Investor is not responsible for lack of access due to changes made by third parties such as companies that produce internet browsers and/or security software. Where we have been notified of access issues caused by third party changes we will endeavour to make any solutions available to our subscribers and members as soon as possible.
You acknowledge that Barefoot Investor has given you sufficient warning that any financial product advice given by Barefoot Investor through the Services, social media or other forums is information or general advice only and does not consider your objectives, financial situation or needs. You also acknowledge that Barefoot Investor has not considered whether the advice is suitable for your unique needs and circumstances and you need to consider your personal objectives, financial situation and future requirements and where there is one available, you should be carefully reading any product disclosure statement, prospectus or other offer document, before making any investment decisions or dealing in financial products.
The Services may include information on the past performance of an investment or a financial product. It is important to note that past performance is not indicative of future performance.
The information provided as part of the services may indicate Barefoot Investor’s present views, however, Barefoot Investor’s views may change without notice and you acknowledge that you must seek advice before acting upon any recommendation and make your own enquiries before any decision to invest or deal in a financial product.
Barefoot Investor employees and associates may hold one or more investments or financial products referred to in the Services. These holdings do not constitute general advice recommendations.
Barefoot Blueprint Publications Pty Ltd as trustee for Barefoot Publishing Trust (Barefoot Publishing Trust) is an authorised representative of Barefoot Investment Management Pty Ltd, the holder of Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) No. 302081. Any financial product advice or other financial services is provided by Barefoot Publishing Trust as a representative of Barefoot Investment Management Pty Ltd.
Barefoot Investment Management Pty Ltd’s Financial Services Guide (FSG) contains important information about the financial services provided by Barefoot Investor and is available on Barefoot Investor’s website. You acknowledge that you have read Barefoot Investor’s FSG and considered it carefully before accessing the Services.
Limitation of liability
You acknowledge that Barefoot Investor will not be liable to you or your associates agents for any liability, claim, direct or indirect loss or lost opportunity or any other detriment suffered because of or in connection with your use, or reliance upon:
- the information or advice provided as part of the services or any other information accessed in connection with the Services or Barefoot Investor social media, or other forums;
- your use, or reliance upon, the information in any external website, including a website which is referred to by a hyperlink from the Service;
- you making an investment or dealing in a financial product;
- the failure or poor performance of any investment or financial product;
- the failure of any investment or financial product to meet your expectations;
- any failure to meet any projections, or statements of future events, made in relation to any investment or financial product;
- any misrepresentations whether by statement or omission by third-parties or any other defects in relation to any investments or financial products;
- any failure of Barefoot Investor’s systems, including information technology and business systems;
- any advice, recommendations, representations or statements made by Barefoot Investor or any other party in connection with the Services, Barefoot Investor social media or other forums which you relied upon; and
- any services provided by, or representations or statements or opinions by a third-party, whether the third-party was recommended by Barefoot Investor.
Warrantees and acknowledgements
You acknowledge and agree that:
- the Services will not operate on a continuous basis, and may be unavailable from time to time including for maintenance purposes;
- Barefoot Investor reserves the right to alter, amend or cease the operation of the Services at its discretion without any notice;
- information and materials in the Services may contain inaccuracies and errors and we expressly exclude liability for any inaccuracies or errors;
- the Services are designed to inform and educate and Barefoot Investor does not intend the Services to influence your decision about any investment or dealing in financial products;
- if Barefoot Investor provides you with general financial product advice:
- this advice has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs;
- you should consider whether the general advice is suitable for you considering your personal objectives, financial situation and future requirements and obtain a product disclosure statement, prospectus or offer document before acting upon this advice;
- if you provide Barefoot Investor with information about your objectives, financial situation or future requirements, Barefoot Investor will not take them into account when preparing or giving general financial product advice and so the advice will remain general financial product advice;
- you should seek advice from a suitably qualified adviser before making any decisions about investments or dealing in financial products;
- Barefoot Investor will not, at any time, assess whether a financial or other product is suitable for you, your financial needs or your personal circumstances;
- Barefoot Investor does not make promises or provide guarantees about the investment performance or repayment of capital for any investments or the future merits of any other financial products referred to or named in the Services, on Barefoot Investor social media or other forums;
- investments and financial products carry the risk of volatility, loss of income or capital invested as well as delays in processing transactions;
- Barefoot Investor is not qualified to provide, and will not provide you with, credit advice and any advice provided by Barefoot Investor is not intended to and does not constitute credit advice;
- you must independently assess the quality and adequacy of any third-party referred to by Barefoot Investor in the Services, social media or other forums;
- all referrals to third-parties in the Services, social media or other forums do not constitute representations as to the merits of the product or the product provider or an endorsement; and
- the content on the Services, social media and other forums have not been prepared for use by persons in any jurisdiction where it is unlawful to provide these. The laws of other jurisdictions may restrict the Services, social media and other forums so all contracts for the services may only be created in Australia and by subscribing for services you acknowledge that the contract is created in Australia.
You represent and warrant to us that you:
- will be solely responsible for all your activities by accessing and using the Services;
- are over the age of 18 and have the legal capacity to enter these terms and conditions;
- will keep all passwords, account names, and log in identifiers required to access the Services secure and confidential and if you become aware of unauthorised use you will change your password immediately and report it to Barefoot Investor;
- will not use the Services in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Services or access to them to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- will not use any part of the Services that you are not authorised to use or devise ways to circumvent security to access the Services;
- will not use or attempt to use the Services for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purposes – this includes, but is not limited to, breaking passwords, social engineering, denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, infringing the intellectual property rights of any person, and spreading computer viruses and invading privacy.
You agree to indemnify and keep Barefoot Investor indemnified against any loss, damage, liability or cost incurred by you or your associates in connection with any breach of these terms and conditions or any other legal obligation by you or your use of or conduct of the Services or social media.
Forums and Social Media
These terms and conditions also apply to the use of any forums and social media accesses in conjunction with the Services. You acknowledge and agree that:
- Barefoot Investor does not endorse the accuracy or authenticity of any posts made by other people on any forums or social media;
- posts are not made by Barefoot Investor unless noted;
- Barefoot Investor moderates the Forums and in its sole discretion may require posts to be approved before publication, and/or publish, not publish, modify and/or delete any posts, without notice;
- Barefoot Investor, in its sole discretion, can withdraw any person’s access to a forum or social media without notice;
- you cannot offer for sale or advertise any products, services, charities or any other matters in posts on a forum or social media;
- posts in a forum or social media may not be genuine or accurate; and
- information about a post may be made available to other parties (including government regulators) at Barefoot Investor’s discretion and that other party may act on the post.
You represent and warrant to us that you:
- are responsible for any post which you make on a forum or social media;
- will not engage in misleading conduct (whether by statement or omission) on a forum or social media;
- you will not make a post on a forum or social media which breaches any law, these terms or constitutes defamation;
- will disclose if you have any interest, direct or indirect, in any financial product referred to in a post and must not make any posts that rely on inside information; and
- will not insert hyperlinks to financial product advice provided by licensees or authorised representatives other than Barefoot Investor.
Personal use only
The Services are only for your personal use, unless otherwise agreed in writing. You must not share access to the Services with other people or redistribute the content of the Services by any means.
Grant of licence
Barefoot Investor grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use Barefoot Investor’s services. This licence grant includes all new material and amended material contained in the Services. If you do not comply with these terms and conditions, you may be liable for all resulting damages suffered by you, Barefoot Investor and any third parties. Unless otherwise provided by these terms and conditions, you agree not to alter, reproduce, adapt, distribute, display, publish, reverse engineer or translate the content contained in the Services or otherwise attempt to create material that is derived from the content of the Services. Upon expiration or termination of the Services, this licence terminates and you agree to immediately cease all use of the Services.
Barefoot Investor may take editorial breaks during the year during which time no new materials will be published. Barefoot Investor will provide you with notice of any editorial breaks.
All complaints will be handled in accordance with the complaints handling policy of Barefoot Investor’s Financial Services Guide available on the Barefoot Investor.
To avoid conflicts of interests with you, Barefoot Investor has imposed the following trading restrictions:
(a) If any content on the Information Services recommends to buy or sell an investment, staff must not trade against this recommendation for a period of 10 days (5 trading days prior to and 5 trading days after publication).
(b) If a recommendation has been made on the Information Services and that recommendation changes, staff will not be permitted to trade for 10 days (5 trading days prior to and 5 trading days after the change in recommendation was first published).
(c) When writing about a particular stock, the writer/analyst must disclose at the end of the article whether they hold beneficial ownership of the stock. All staff (including contractors) must seek written approval from the director before buying or selling any stock, regardless of whether they have written about it or not.
Any demand, notice, consent, approval or other communication as between the parties may be made or given by a party or the legal representative for that party provided that it is:
in legible writing, in English and addressed to the intended recipient; and
signed by the sender (if an individual) or by a representative of the sender; and
posted to that party’s address for service;
(iv) sending by email to the party’s usual email address; and
(d) regarded as being given by the sender and received by the addressee:
(i) if by delivery in person or by being left at the party’s address for service,
(ii) if by post, two (2) Business Days from and including the date of posting by ordinary prepaid post in respect of an address for service within the Commonwealth of Australia and twenty one (21) Business Days in respect of other any address; or
(iv) if by email, when the recipient’s email server receives the sender’s email, evidence of which will be a record of the sent email retained by the sender’s email server unless evidence can be produced by the recipient’s email server to demonstrate otherwise;
but if the delivery or receipt occurs on a day which is not a Business Day or at a time after 5.00 pm (both the day and time being in the place of receipt) it is regarded as having been received at 9.00am on the next following Business Day.
Address for service
(a) For the purposes of this term 15, a party’s address for service shall be:
(i) the party’s postal address or email address (if any) provided to the other party; or
(ii) if that party has notified the sender of a change of postal address, changed fax number or changed email address, the address, fax number or email address last so notified.
(b) If the party is a company, the party’s address for service shall also include its registered office.
Barefoot Investor reserves the right to replace or update these terms and conditions at any time. We will provide notice of these changes by publishing our new terms and conditions on the Barefoot Investor website and any replacement or update will be effective immediately. You should ensure that you regularly review our terms and conditions to take note of any changes.
If there is any inconsistency between the Terms & Conditions and any other Barefoot Investor documents, the current version of the Terms & Conditions prevails to the extent of the inconsistency unless it is specifically provided in writing and agreed by Barefoot Investor that other terms should override the current Terms & Conditions.
Subscribers and members are expressly forbidden from claiming or making any assertion that they, whether as an individual or representative of a company, are the author of any material contained in the Services or Barefoot Investor social media, or other forums.
All terms giving rights to Barefoot survive the Terms & Conditions.
Barefoot Investor may cancel without notice the membership of any subscriber or member who breaches our copyright terms and conditions. Barefoot Investor’s rights are not affected by termination of the Services or membership.
The Terms & Conditions, your use of the Services, social media and forums and any dispute arising out of these is governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia from time to time and the parties submit to the non- exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria.