Want to do Work That Matters?
We’re one of Australia’s most trusted financial publishers.
We publish an investment newsletter, which is delivered via email, to our paying subscribers.
In an era where traditional publishers are going broke, our business is only growing.
The main reason is we offer a benefit to our subscribers that they don’t get anywhere else:
We don’t accept advertising in any form, and we don’t have tie-ups with any financial institutions.
Our subscribers pay us an annual fee to watch their backs, and give them independent recommendations (shares, super, insurance … the lot!). If we don’t deliver, they have a full 365 days to take advantage of our money-back guarantee.
Our team also works remotely – from all over the country, and all over the world.
We have the following position on offer:
- Barefoot Investor
- Part Time
- Melbourne and remote
As our Management Accountant, you’ll understand that…
- What we do matters. What we do changes lives. Our little team makes it happen every single day.
- We are lean: there is no bureaucracy at Barefoot. We don’t have departments full of people … instead, we have deliberately chosen to have a small team of incredibly capable people who work hard and fast, and GTD (Gets Things Done).
- Respect is earned by making sure you having a crystal clear picture of what needs to be done, and then taking sole responsibility for getting it done, without errors, on time, every time.
- “On It” — is a catchphrase we use. Two short words convey so much: it means you’ve got it sorted. There is no meeting needed. There is no need to check. You can be counted on (even on a weekend).
- We are highly competitive.
- We run the business on the same principles as the Barefoot Investor: no wasteful spending, no debt, ample savings, and a long-term investment into building Australia’s #1 finance brand.
- You are at your desk, working from 9am to 6pm. You are expected to return calls/emails after hours, when required. You work till the deadlines are met.
Key responsibilities include:
- On-going and management of the group XERO accounts ensuring financial information is consistently up-to-date
- Management of accounts payable/receivable
- Management of payroll function including ensuring compliance with employment laws, Australia wide Workcover, payroll tax obligations and Fringe Benefit Tax legislation
- Preparation of monthly Instalment Activity statements and Quarterly Business Activity Statements
- Liaising with external accountant throughout the year as and when required
- Drafting annual financial statements and income tax returns for review by external accountant
- Conducting on-going financial research of banking products and the latest deals
- Investment administration and reporting
- Assisting with compliance and reporting
- Tertiary educated and has successfully completed, or working towards accounting professional qualifications
- Proven experience with Xero accounting software including management of payroll function
- Previous experience in a financial / management accounting role would be beneficial
- Previous experience with income tax and GST
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A strong desire to broaden your skillsets within the finance area.
- Energy and enthusiasm.